|Ingredients 8 persons|
< Back to recipes
- From the 3 eggs, split the yolk with the egg white and beat the egg whites with a mixer until stiff. When the egg white is stiff, slowly add the Tagatesse. Mix on the lowest setting until the Tagatesse and egg whites are well blended. Store the whipped egg white foam in a small bowl. Wash the head lettuce and mash it until, drained, you have 150 grams of lettuce puree. In most cases this will be (almost) your whole head.
- Beat the 3 egg yolks until they are pale yellow. Then add the olive oil and the lettuce puree. Mix everything until you have a homogeneous mixture. Mix, in a separate bowl, all the dry ingredients. So the flour, ginger, the baking powder and salt. Then add the dry ingredients to your mix of egg, oil and lettuce until you have a nice smooth batter. Finally, spatulate the beaten egg whites through your batter. The less you spatter, the fluffier your cake will be!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Put some oil or butter in a cake tin and dust it with flour, so that your cake doesn't stick in the tin. If you have a silicone mold, this is of course not necessary. Fill the tin with the batter and bake the cake in about 35 minutes. Remember the skewer test! When the cake has cooled down a bit, remove it from the tin and let it cool down further on a cooling rack.
- Pour the whipped cream into a bowl and add the Tagatesse. Beat until the cream is stiff. Mix in the mascarpone, lemon zest and lemon juice on the lowest setting. The rule is: good is good. So do not mix too long and stop as soon as it becomes one! You can use the cream immediately, but you can also keep it in the fridge until you actually need it. Good to know: mascarpone cream can be kept covered in the fridge for a few days, so it's perfectly possible to make it earlier and do some of the preparations.
- Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan and chop them. Carefully cut the cake in half lengthwise with a serrated knife. Spread the lemon whipped cream on the top sides of the 2 cake layers. Stack the layers again and sprinkle the toasted almonds on top. Finish the cake with some fresh mint leaves and slice or some lemon zest.